Is your agency interested in applying for Children’s Board funding? Does your organization have the capacity to manage these dollars? The Children’s Board has developed an Agency Capacity Checklist to assist local agencies in determining if they have the internal capabilities to manage a government contract. Pending Board approval the Children’s Board is planning to release a Request for Proposals (RFP) in November 2017. Stay connected to learn more.
Click to view Capacity Checklist 2017 (58.3 KB)
The Children’s Board investments in programs and services that ensure children:
- Are Healthy & Safe
- Are Developmentally on Track
- Are Ready to Learn & Succeed
- Have Supported and Supportive Families
We seek to demonstrate this impact through accountable services that work, create, and sustain thoughtful partnerships and build continuous services for success in neighborhood communities. Our Funding Opportunities information will keep you posted on new funding and contract opportunities, as well as explain our funding guidelines, requirements, and procedures. Children’s Board policy does not allow us to respond to unsolicited proposals. The Children’s Board is required to administer funding for proposals or projects through a transparent Request for Application/Proposal/Qualifications process. To be notified of future Children’s Board funding opportunities, please complete the registration form.
Emerging Needs Grants
The purpose of Emerging Needs Grants (Level 7) is to address emerging community needs and/or funding requests that are communicated to Members of the Governing Board of the Children’s Board of Hillsborough County and/or Children’s Board staff, including the Executive Director, throughout the fiscal year.
Basic Criteria Include:
- Qualifying agencies must serve young children and be a legally operating not-for-profit corporation in the State of Florida.
- For funding to be considered, one-time requests must be between $5,000 and $75,000.
- The unanticipated need can be expected to seriously affect pregnant women and/or children aged birth-8 and their families in Hillsborough County.
- The emerging need could not be reasonably anticipated prior to the adoption of the annual Children’s Board budget.
- The emerging need is strategically aligned with the four funding focus areas of the Children’s Board:
- Children are Healthy & Safe
- Children are Developmentally on Track
- Children are Ready to Learn and Succeed
- Children have Supported & Supportive Families
To learn more about Emerging Needs and/or to discuss a community issue please email Shelton Gilyard,Contract Manager, at Gilyards@childrensboard.org.
FY 17 Open Opportunities
Summer Services Grants for South & East County Pro 2017-08
APPROVED Answers To Questions Summer Services Grants ITN For East And South Hillsborough County (611.9 KB)
Administrative Services Organization (ASO) Flexible Funds for Non-CBHC Funded Programs Pro-2017-02
FY 17 Closed Opportunities
Uniting Grants Pro 2017 – 03
Leading Grants Pro 2017 – 05
Summer Services Pro 2017- 07
Technical Assistance Grants Pro 2017-01
Professional Development for Early Care Educators Pro-2017-04
Prevent Needless Deaths Child Safety Campaign – PUR 01 2017
TA Grants Pro 2017- 06